Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm such a bone head!!

I've been very busy these days which is a good thing, but I've had very little computer time which isn't such a good thing.

My days are spent thinking up new purse designs (which sometimes work and sometimes don't!), trying to get decent photos of the purses I've actually made, and dealing with day to day issues.

Last week I got my mammogram and pap smear thing out of the way.

And if any of you out there are over forty and don't get mammograms because you fear them.

DON'T BE STUPID!!!

I am the biggest coward on the face of the earth and I also have no tolerance for pain (getting my teeth cleaned is painful and my eyes tear up when I get my hair cut as I can't stand the hairdresser running a comb through my hair!).

A mammogram takes no time at all, IT DOES NOT HURT, and then you're out of there.

It's as simple as that and if you don't have insurance (luckily I do) you can get one for free (you need to find out what's available in your town).



As for the bone head thing.

I have to drive a couple of miles to the place where I do my daily runs and today when I got back to my vehicle the remote wouldn't work.

I pushed it and pushed it, but no response.

I didn't know what to do and my cell phone was in my purse which was of course in the LOCKED VEHICLE!! I yanked on the door handle (just in case), but yes indeed it was locked.

I was just getting ready to put the key in the door (which will set off the alarm but it will stop as soon as you put the key in the ignition), when something caught my eye. The name of the model of this make of vehicle was right there on the front fender, and it wasn't at all what I drive.

Oh My God!!

I'd been standing there yanking the handle of a car door that wasn't mine, and I was in full view of the huge windows of a restaurant where I'm sure the owner was eating his dinner and watching me.

So I did a casual look around, spotted my car, and nonchalantly walked on over and jumped in. The fact that it had been raining and my hair was a mess and I had dead bugs all over my face didn't make me feel any better!

I had a similar situation happen to me years ago (and it involved the police) but I'll post about that another time.



Anyway! I mentioned in one of my previous posts that the manager of a winery asked me if I would make some bags for his store, so I'm trying to get some made because we're going to be in his area next week. And then just recently we were out and another man said something to me about my purse (even Hans said he couldn't believe that men notice my purses!) and asked me if I could make enough for a store he manages.

I have to think that one over.

I find this so hard to believe.

I really do.

So I've been busy getting my Etsy shop ready, loading some of my stuff there, and then I have a few purses to finish for people who've made requests.

This has turned into quite an endeavor.

And there's nothing wrong with that!


I'll be loading this 3 in 1 purse into my Etsy shop (which I have yet to put on my sidebar) tomorrow if I have time. This is one of my favorites.

5 comments:

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

I have so done that before! When i had a car it was a silver Ford Taurus. There are a whooooole lot of them in any parking lot you go to.

Congratulations on the purse opportunities!

BeeBee said...

I actually walked up to a car that I thought was mine, yanked open the door and asked the lady sitting in the driver's seat, "What are you doing in my car?" before I realized it wasn't MY car. That was bad.
My son got in the wrong car in a parking lot when he was about 10. It was raining HARD and I'd driven up to get him. He didn't see me, but saw "our car" in parking lot. Ran out, jumped in (must have been unlocked) and sat down. And wondered for a few minutes where I was before realizing he was in the wrong car. Wonder what the owner thought when he got in and found the passenger side all wet?

Maryissewfast said...

I drive a silver Honda Accord. On any given trip there can be several in the parking lot. I have done the same thing more times than I care to admit!

Katie Alender said...

Two of my husband's co-workers routinely leave the office and climb into the other person's identical Prius. All they'd have to do is lock their doors and it would be fine, LOL.

That is SO COOL about the bags! They are really a great design... you shouldn't be surprised!

laura said...

I love the car stories! One dark rainy night, my mother jumped into the passenger side of the wrong car and the driver (a man), without missing a beat said, "Where do you want to go?" My mother who has no sense of humor was furious!