Thursday, April 9, 2009

Purses and a touch of PMS

Here are some pictures of my latest purses. In addition to my weekend trip, I made yet one more visit back to my home town on Tuesday as I had a birthday party to attend, and my gift was supposed to be one of my 3 in 1 purses.

I'm sorry to say the birthday girl got short changed. She only ended up with the tote bag (the bag in the middle of this picture) part of the deal.

Why?

Because the weather here in the great Northeast sucks, that's why! Since there was a weather advisory (calling for at least a foot of snow) issued for my little swamp town I decided to get an early start and there was no way I could finish this whole combo in time. And let me tell you, this is a labor intensive purse.


Here is what it would have looked like if I'd finished it in time. I made 2 of them, so this one will end up in my Etsy shop.

The outer bag is buttoned in place and becomes pockets for the tote bag.









Since the inner tote bag that belonged to this outer bag was given as a gift, I didn't bother to put button holes in it. The button holes serve two purposes (1) they allow you to attach it to the bigger tote bag and (2) if you carry it by itself you just button its handles to it. When not in use, the handles lie in the bottom of the bag.

And since this one is all on its own I just added grommets for the straps.

This is now a fun bag or a wine bag.




Here is the tote bag once it's been unbuttoned from the outer bag.














Here is the outer bag in its wine bag mode. I stood the bottle up so you could get an idea of its size.












Here's the bottle of wine lying inside. It closes with a magnetic catch.













The inside pocket of the inner (bigger) bag, with my Knotty Cat zipper pull.


















A view of the inside of the inner (bigger) tote.


I mentioned in a previous post that Baby Girl was to help me with PhotoShop this weekend.


First of all I had PMS so I was already a little moody. Hans had offered to help me but I still remembered when he offered to show me how to download pictures from my camera to my computer (this was last year and I've mentioned many times that I know nothing about computers!) and things didn't go so well.

That's all I'll say on that subject for now.

Of course now I can download pictures in my sleep but that's because I do it all the time.

So I decided instead of getting frustrated and mad at Hans I could always get frustrated and mad at Baby Girl because she can't dump me. I also offered to pay her because unfortunately Baby Girl recently had the misfortune to suffer from the all too common malady striking college students these days.

The inability to balance a check book.

So on Sunday, I showed up at Baby Girl's apartment all bright eyed and ready to learn.

Baby Girl wasn't so bright eyed ("I went out last night.") and pulled a Hans on me.

After attempting to install PhotoShop on my computer...

Baby Girl: "When's the last time you checked for updates on your computer?"

Me: "Um, I'm not sure?"

Baby Girl: Deep sigh, "I'll take that as a no." And then typed far too hard on my keyboard as far as I'm concerned.

Once Photoshop was installed, Baby Girl got my Etsy banner done, and then tried to explain PhotoShop's basic functions to me. She was all over the place, right clicking and left clicking like crazy and not explaining anything at all. Finally at one point when her little fingers were doing a wild Irish jig all over the keyboard I had to stop her.

She got snappy with me and I found myself blinking back tears.

I finally got her to write some stuff down and I really felt like I had a good grasp on things.

Until I got home.

I opened a picture in Photoshop and proceeded to absolutely butcher one of my purse pictures. Luckily for me (but not so lucky for Baby Girl) we're headed back to my swamp town for Easter this weekend and I intend to get my moneys worth out of her!

It's so not fun feeling stupid all the time and I wonder if my sheer denseness has anything to do with the fact that my mother smoked while she was pregnant with me.

No comments: