Friday, January 30, 2009

Passing it on.

I posted a couple of days ago about the 56 year old sharkskin fabric that I have and I decided to google it and find out exactly what it is. Here is what I found.


It says that sharkskin normally has a two toned appearance and since mine is cream colored it's very subtle. It also says it can be defined as a smooth wool but that's not how I would describe mine, it feels more like a raw silk. There are probably different weights of sharkskin just like there are different weights of cottons etc.. But, I was glad to read that it's washable and I may actually do this to mine sometime. There is some slight yellowing in the creases which is most likely from age but maybe it will come clean. We'll see. Even if it doesn't I'll do something with it someday.

Angelia and Cindy were both kind enough to nominate me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Unfortunately that means I can't nominate them! I don't know when I've seen anyone juggle as many projects in so many different mediums as Angelia and pull every one of them off! I do believe she is one of the most creative (and sweet) bloggers around. And you should check out Cindy's May post of last year. That purse is to die for!!!

I will pass this on to 7 other bloggers and if any of you don't like receiving awards or just don't have the time or inclination to acknowledge it, don't worry about it! This is just for fun.

Rules and Responsibilities--

1. Copy the award to your site.

2. Link to the person from whom you received the award.

3. Nominate 7 other bloggers.

4. Link to those on your blog.

5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominated.

This can be a bit time consuming so if you don't want to follow the rules please feel free to add Kreativ Blogger on your side bar and leave it at that.



Here goes:


Ric Rac. You won't believe what this woman does with selvedges! Too original.

The Slapdash Sewist. Way beyond creative. From simple wine bottle covers to making unbelievable outfits out of thrift shop sweaters.... I'm pretty sure most everyone out there reads her posts.

In the Bag. I love making purses and this is one woman whose blog I've stalked for a long time. She also just came out with a really great lunch bag pattern.

Artsy Crafty Babe. Yet one more purse making lady and her blog is soooo colorful.

Because I said sew. Check out the cat house she made. I don't know when I've seen anything like it!

Stop staring and stop sewing. I love this fast apron tutorial. And it's just one of many.

And then there's Katie Alender who's very creative but doesn't post as much sewing stuff as she used to!! Maybe that's because she's busy being a successful and published author, and the mother of Winston, one of the cutest (and he knows it) dogs you'll ever see. My granddog Duncan is also one of the cutest dogs you'll ever see (I wouldn't be a very good grandmother if I didn't add that!).

Tomorrow will be the big 'where the hell do I put my sewing machine in this tiny apartment day'.

Y'all come back now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Laura! I'm feeling the lack of crafty goodness... I just wish I could sneak another hour or two into the day.

I do have one quilt I haven't blogged about yet--maybe I'll get to it this week and post about my Kreativ award.

Have a great weekend!