Sunday, June 13, 2010

When dog poop makes you happy you know your life sucks!

Today Wilbur did a big number two on his potty patch!!He's been a very good boy about peeing on it but still needed to be taken ashore for the important stuff. Believe me this is an event worth celebrating, and I did a little happy dance!

This might not seem like a big deal to you but considering the fact that since Friday (it's now Sunday) we've been stranded at anchor and haven't been able to start our engines (which provide us with power for little things like running our fans, water, and lights etc...!), this is pretty good news.

It makes up for the fact that my hair hasn't been washed for four days and if I'd been meant to be a pioneer woman I would have been born two hundred years ago!!!





UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!



What's happened so far?



Our sun pad (huge and expensive) abandoned ship in the middle of our very rough passage across the bay last week. We watched in horror as it was lifted by 40 knot gusts and gracefully sailed over the rail!



The water pump broke.



The water pump was temporarily fixed but someone had to stand at the switch in order to turn it on and off during showers.



Our engines wouldn't start because the batteries were over taxed. This happened while we were at anchor at the start of the weekend and that meant the end of showers, lights, fans etc...



We finally resorted to being towed to the marina where our repairs were to take place and I don't think I've ever been so thankful to get hooked up to shore power in my life. I used their facilities and took one very long shower!



Our electrician spent the entire day on the boat yesterday and replaced our spreader lights, took all 3 batteries out and rewired them correctly, fixed the radar, picked me up from the grocery store that I'd walked to so I could load up on water and club soda, and then he was gone!



We finally sat back opened a can of beer and said "Thank God now we can relax, let's turn on our new radio!"

Complete silence. It doesn't work!



I would post pictures but I'm currently using my computer battery and one hour of free Annapolis internet (and anyway, I look like hell!)

5 comments:

Two Pitties in the City said...

I love hearing about your new crazy sailing life; even the logistics of how Wilbur goes poo. I think soon you'll be like a regular pirate!

Cyndi said...

Well, yay on Wilbur's poop job.... can we start calling the deck your "poop deck"? But oh holy hell on everything else! OMG!!! All of that and y'all just shoved off. I hope that this will be getting everything that's gonna go wrong over with at the very beginning and there will be smooth sailing from here on out!

How's Chlorox doing?

XOXO,

Cyndi

becki-c said...

Sounds like such an adventure! Congrats to Wilbur!

Ken n Cheryl said...

Oh, the life of a sailor! It seems like something is always in need of repair. Hope you get to start having some fun soon. I know you will!

Anonymous said...

Wish I had that kind of fun... good luck:)