Wednesday, May 7, 2014

From Hot Florida to Chilly Maine in One Day

 

And no, we didn't sail our boat here. The other day I told someone we were heading to Maine but we'd be back next week and they actually thought we were taking the boat. Believe me, if I told someone we'd be sailing to Maine I'd be telling them we'll be back next year. That would be no small trip.

But now that I've been here a couple of days I'd sail here in a heartbeat if I could. I absolutely love Maine and I think I only took one breath of air when I told Hans I could live here. I know everyone loves Florida but even though we've been living there for almost 3 years I do not feel at home and I know I never will.

 

This is a sand bar that stretches across Frenchman's Bay to a small island. You can cross at low tide which gives you about 4 hours to explore.

On our small balcony with a glass of wine. We have a view of the bay from our room.

4 fat quarters with a nautical theme.


While Hans was working I walked around town and found a small quilt store. I know I can find quilt fabric anywhere but I wanted something I knew came from my trip to Maine.

 

We head back home on Friday but before we get to the airport I'm stopping at a store we drove past on the way to our hotel. I got a kick out of it's name and after we visit there I'll tell you about it.

 

In the meantime I never thought I'd love having to wear a winter coat in May. There must be something in the air here.

 

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Laura, Sorry you don't feel at home in FL. Maybe you need to live here longer. LOL! I have been here 22 years and love it.
Regardless, we need to get together when you return.

laura said...

Carolyn, I think if we lived in a fully air conditioned house I would change my tune, we're going to try to update our air conditioning this summer.