Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An almost finished purse, and some quilts

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was going to ask the quilting ladies if I could take some pictures of their work. Well, I did, but I really didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked because I hated to impose myself on them too much! And even though I brought some of my purses with me to show them, I left them in my car because I'm still not confident in my work. I guess I'm a bit like my mother in that respect; far too critical of myself.

I did confess to these ladies that I have a blog (I thought they should know why I was taking pictures of their work). I told them the name of it but, I don't think anyone wrote it down and maybe they won't check me out. At this time, Hans is the only person I've told that I have a blog.




The first picture is of a really pretty bag from 'You Go Girl' and I'm so disappointed in the fact that my picture is blurry and I have no idea why. The colors are beautiful and the bag really stood out. There was another really cute purse with a ruffled flap and I thought I took a picture, but I didn't!!!















I love bright colors and this immediately caught my eye!





















A pile of pieced squares ready to be turned into a quilt.















A partially completed quilt top.












Look at all those tiny little squares, pieced into even bigger squares!!

I think I would lose my mind trying to do that.


I remember years ago when I went to my girlfriend's aunt's house. Her aunt was (and still is), a truly gifted quilter. Well, at that time the aunt's 80 some year old mother lived with her, and this older lady's comment to me was, "I have no idea why someone would want to cut up a bunch of material and sew it back together again."

Not something we usually hear from an older generation.




Here is my Teardrop purse, before inserting the frame.



And after inserting the frame.
Let me tell you I thought I was going to turn myself inside out getting this baby into its frame!! I just had to take a deep breath and go for it. How Nicole ever managed to draft such a purse pattern says a lot for her training because even though at first you think, 'impossible', it just falls together! All I have to do is make a strap and sew some beads to the frame and I'll be done.
I think it makes a pretty, fall purse.





Chlorox just happened to stroll by and she said, "Hmm, I need a new purse."
















"I'm thinking I really like this one."











"I'm head over heels in love with my new purse!!!!"


That Chlorox! She's such a diva!


1 comment:

Nikki said...

GREAT to see the teardrop purse worked for you, Laura.I'll look forward to seeing the finished product!