Monday, December 24, 2007

It's Christmas Eve and I'm still not done!! I forgot that I have to wrap my dad's present. He's the most difficult person to buy for. What do you buy a man that's in his 70's, has no real hobby, and owns every tool in the world?

A cuckoo clock of course.

Actually my mother gave me the idea of a clock this summer when she said my dad must have been a little clock maker in another life. That's something about him I never knew.
Well, Hans and I went to Germany this summer to visit his family and I told him we needed to keep an eye out for cuckoo clocks. However, we never saw even one! We were no where near the black forest where they're made so I came home clockless.
Thank God for EBay!!!
I found a vintage one from the 60's (does that make me vintage too?) that actually works. I put it up on my wall and left it running to make sure that it keeps time and so far it does. Hans was watching it tick and cuckoo away the other day and said, "That reminds me of when I was growing up. We had a lot of clocks." Then he mulled it over. "But, none of ours worked because my dad wouldn't leave them alone. He was always messing with them."

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all! While this is an exciting time of the year for some people, I know it's equally difficult for others. But remember, it will all be over before you know it!

I'll leave you with a picture of a this little girl.



Waiting for Santa

No comments: