Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sewing, Baking, and Hans is in Biiiiiig Twubble!


I finally sandwiched some batting between my quilt top and its backing. Here it is minus the binding that I need to complete it.

I found a piece of fabric in my stash that's destined to be cut into binding strips. Maybe tomorrow.













First, I put the quilt top on top of some batting, hand basted it together (with very long stitches), and trimmed the batting so it's even with the quilt top.

I then layered this combo on top of the quilt backing (a huge piece of fabric purchased at The Good Will for five bucks) and again hand basted it.
Here are the basting stitches up close.

I fully expect to finish my masterpiece by Monday!

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!











As for baking? Well, let's just say we are madly in love with strawberry rhubarb pie.

Unfortunately my very last Pyrex pie plate bit the dust a couple of years ago. But I didn't discover this until after I had all the ingredients mixed up.

Enter the loaf pan as seen here atop of the vintage table cloth I inherited from my grandmother.

And even though I did indeed cut up the strawberries and rhubarb all by my lonesome, I'm certainly no Betty Crocker. This is because I just love the ready to roll out pie crusts sold in the refrigerator section at the grocery store.

A few minutes of preparation, an hour in the oven, and it's ready!!

The crust has two big hearts (me and Hans) and a little tiny upside down heart (Wilbur) cut into it for ventilation.


So why is Hans in biiig twubble?

Because we're currently watching Fatal Attraction and like Hans says, "Every man in the world is in trouble as soon as this movie starts!"

And he's right!

Wilbur is very upset because Michael Douglas insisted on dragging the family dog along on one of his adulterous trysts!


He's so traumatized he can't even watch! Here is Wilbur hiding his head behind a pillow!

He's so very sensitive.

No comments: