Monday, April 14, 2008

The Eagle has Landed

Well, it's not quite that dramatic but we're home!


We had next to no Internet access on our trip but maybe it's just as well or I would have spent far too much time on the computer and not enough time experiencing Europe. Also I probably would have bored everyone silly with far too many details.


Tomorrow night I'm going to get some pictures in order and put together some of the details of our trip. We did get to some fabric stores and I completely agree with Bonnie in that I had absolutely no room in for souvenirs but there is always room for fabric. I took pictures of what I bought and will post those also.


I was for the most part amazed at how smoothly our trip went and I'm not kidding! Rain had been predicted but when we got to Paris everything cleared up although we carried an umbrella just in case. It started to rain on the day we left for Geneva but since it was a traveling day we didn't care. It did turn into an issue though when our train was stopped for 2 hours and finally we were told that the tracks were flooded and then we were thrown to the curb. In the dreary rain we were all huddled together like refugees and I felt a deja vu like moment when Hans remarked, "This has never happened to me before in my life." and then he looked at me.


Go figure.


But for some reason they decided we could go on another train and as all the tracks run parallel to each other this made no sense to me, but I wasn't about to argue.


We finally arrived at Hans' brothers house in Geneva to find appetizers, wine, and the aroma of something wonderful cooking for dinner, which was served at around 9:00 PM complete with candles and wonderful conversation that went on for hours.


And that was only the beginning of the end of our wonderful trip.



Tomorrow: pictures and fabric.