Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A "GO STEELERS" Diaper Bag



Back in January when we were in Europe on business, another couple made the trip with us.

They were a lot younger than us and expecting their first baby this summer.

We were together for two weeks and I consider myself to be very lucky that New Mom and I got along very well.
Anyway this couple are HUUUUUGE Steeler's fans and our trip coincided with the playoffs. We were in Paris and on football night they came down for dinner completely outfitted in their Steeler's jerseys and asked Hans if any of the bars would be showing the game.

Hans had to inform them that this would most likely not happen as the French don't give a hoot about American Football, and given the time difference, also next to impossible.

We found out the next morning that they'd been able to find the game on the Internet (it wasn't cheap either!) and had watched until something like four in the morning before finally calling it quits.

It turned into a very long business day for the husband half of that team,





On the 4th of July they welcomed a little female firecracker into the world.

All of 9 pounds and 2 ounces.

And I finally finished their gift.

Football season is approaching and what better gift for a future Steeler fan than a Steeler Diaper Bag. I realize it's not frilly but so what. I also have a feeling that Dad is going to be a very hands on father and if he's going to be dragging a diaper bag around it may as well be a bit sporty!





This is a version of Nicole Mallalieue's Beach Bag. The above picture shows the inside pockets on one side of the bag. I put pockets around the entire interior and divided them into 2 on one side, and 3 on the other. I added a zippered gusset to the top and used a heavy duty zipper.












I also made the strap adjustable. Mom is about 5 feet 2 inches tall, and Dad is over 6 feet tall. I made a small zippered wallet to go with it.












The bottom is black and has 6 purse feet!!!! Hopefully this will keep the bag a little bit cleaner. I also Scotch Guarded it.














I got my adjustable sliders from Nicole as well. They are super nice and add a very classy touch to this bag.











I couldn't leave well enough alone and had to make myself a Steeler (or Stiller as it's called in the 'burgh) dress. It's my Simplicity 2939 dress and believe it or not I've made 2 more dresses from this pattern. I'll post them later.


It's just too cute but Hans wants me to make one from Raider's fabric (for me not him!!!) and if I can find some, I will!!!

3 comments:

Trudy said...

Cute diaper bag.

You have a great blog. I'd love for you to come and visit my blog. I just made a Vintage Vogue Original 1944 Design, V2858. On the previous page you'll find a dress I made from an original 1974 pattern that I found in an antique store. I call that post The Lady in Lavender. And lots of other things in between. Hope you enjoy.

laura said...

Thank you Trudy!! For sure I'll visit your blog, thank you so much for commenting!!!

Unknown said...

louis vuitton held a Stephen Sprouse Graffiti Launch Party on January 9th to pay homage to this great louis vuitton bags who passed in 2004, with the release of the limited editon Graffiti line.
Stephen Sprouse, a louis vuitton handbags credited with pioneering the 1980s mix of “uptown sophistication in clothing with a downtown punk and pop sensibility”, collaborated with Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton in 2001 made the graffiti-printed fashion. This is a great and bold attempt for conservative Louis Vuitton. All graffiti pieces are sold out instantly. Then, lv have a wider-ranged cooperation. In 2002, Stephen Sprouse created a vast collection of men’s and women’s apparel, home accessories, sports gear, etc.
In this launch party, one of graffiti collection, replica louis vuitton handbags Stephen Sprouse Graffiti Speedy 30, are revisited in fluorescent Monogram Graffiti canvas, channeling the culture of the present times. Speedy 30 is a classic silhouette in style for years to celebrities, going well with everything, from jeans to dresses. Meanwhile, it is function. The monogram canvas is lightweight, supple, strong and sturdy. lv handbag waterproof, it is highly resistant to surface scratches- prefect for travel and contemporary lifestyles.