Monday, August 10, 2009

Sewing, Sailing, and Acts of Stupidity

First of all I'm still having tremendous computer problems. My computer is typing very slowly.

Just the typing.

It's been going on for a week but the weird thing is that on Thursday it started working again. Then we went to the boat, came back, and when I fired it up it started all over again. This is making blogging very difficult! I need to continue with my As the Stomach Turns story but I type too fast and then my computer screams at me!

So here I am at the dock wearing my new Simplicity 2939 dress. Thank God I lined it with cotton or I would have melted into a puddle of sweat. It really is amazing how a simple lining can make a dress wearable.

The temperatures were in the 90's and that's too hot for me. It was absolutely stifling.
Anyway, I have to tell you that I got a lot of compliments on this dress and I was a little surprised but certainly pleased.











This is with the wind behind us and I thought it made me look pregnant.











So we took this at a different angle and I like it better.

For some reason it seemed like a lot of people were very drunk at the marina and surrounding areas last night including a gentleman who offered to take our picture for us. We ended up with pictures of the ground, I kid you not! Luckily I discovered this right away and found that we could balance the camera on a piling and use the timer to take pictures by ourselves.





These are the only pictures I took this weekend. I didn't have my camera ready when Hans dumped a guest (the mom part of the family of 5) that came along with us, into the Chesapeake.

We had the bright idea of taking a dinghy with us so that when we anchored for the evening we could row into shore as opposed to taking the expensive water taxi.

Hans had successfully rowed two of their children to shore and when he arrived back at our boat I didn't step forward to volunteer to be next.

I've been in small boats with Hans in the past and I'm not totally stupid.

Believe it or not.

So we all watched as the kids' mom attempted to board the dinghy, and we all watched as it rocked in a crazy fashion before tipping almost completely over thus dumping her into the Chesapeake.

I just want to forget about how we couldn't get the swim ladder to work and she was stuck hanging onto our boat for about 15 minutes, and how we ended up calling the water taxi anyway, and that she didn't have a change of clothes and we had to bring her dinner back to her.

I'm just thankful that there wasn't a jelly fish convention being held in the cove that night.

I'm also thankful that she was such a good sport.



I wouldn't have been.

I should have known there was a reason why I didn't take a picture of that stupid ugly dinghy.

I just want to forget about it!

No comments: