Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A day at the zoo


When you can't go hand in hand I guess trunk and tail is the next best thing.

Hans and I went to the zoo this past weekend and we had a great time. Dare I mention that I took over 200 pictures? Don't worry, I deleted tons of them and I'm only posting a few here!

We were just beginning to think that we weren't going to see the new baby elephant when all of a sudden out it came!

An employee led three adult elephants and the baby out in the open area and I actually jumped up and down, I was so excited.

What a performance! (the baby elephant, not me)

He galloped around like a puppy and at one point fell flat on his face. He pestered the adults until one of them, tiring of his antics, shoved him with a big foot and sent him staggering. He mimicked them by picking up straw in his trunk and eating it and when he followed them to the water he got so excited he energetically started slapping at the water with his trunk and had the whole crowd that was watching him laughing.

But just like a typical baby, when he got tired, he found mom, and started nursing. Mom stood it for so long and then walked away.

We spent at least an hour watching these big guys and enjoyed every second.























The above picture is a good example of why office parties should be discouraged.


My pretty little Chlorox thinks she looks like this lady.

And she does.

No comments: