Monday, December 1, 2008

A finished Messenger Bag



Look at the bag and not me, please. I didn't have time to pick a nice pose or background. Sorry.

This is my latest Amy Butler Messenger Bag.
I actually posted a review at Pattern Review! It's been almost a year since I've done that. I need to go through my stuff and do some updates.

I modified it so that it can also be used as a back pack.










Here is the front tab. I used a D ring and swivel hook instead of velcro.













I added a gromett to the top edge of the strap and a D ring with yet another swivel hook to the bottom of the bag. When you clip the hook to the grommet, the bag becomes a back pack.












The grommet at the edge of the strap.

















The strap is attached to the bag with 'surprise' D Rings etc...












The inner hanging zippered pocket. I made it the same length as the bag. The pattern has this pocket being about 2 inches shorter which makes the bag pull to the inside if you put anything in it.

That's about it for now.

I have more things I would really like to get started on but things are kicking into gear at the inn so I'm going to be in waitress mode until Christmas.
Bah Humbug!!!

4 comments:

Katie Alender said...

That's super cute! I love the hardware. I don't trust velcro.

Anonymous said...

Like your messenger bag, Laura - good alterations you have made! And those fabrics look lovely together.

Saw your comment about my kitty on my blog - it is so true - crafters do seem to like pets - so many sewing blogs have photos of helpful cats (and grand-dogs!) on them.

Happy (if-quite-belated) Thanksgiving! x ;o)

Angelia said...

Looks awesome! You make the cutest bags!

Dena Rooney-Berg (SugarShop) said...

Super cute Bag!!!