Friday, March 19, 2010

I just need me a man!

Hans only found out yesterday that while he's been in Germany these past two weeks, I moved another man into the apartment.

Okay already! I admit it, I'm weak!

Anyway this new guy is a charmer, and in addition to being adorable, he's a sweetheart and loves to cuddle.

I was pretty sure that Hans wouldn't approve, and during our many overseas conversations he had no idea that another man had usurped his territory.

But last night I caved and spilled the beans.

He wasn't thrilled but I convinced him that my decision was sound and that I (and my male guest) have been very happy!

I also told him that by the time he gets home tomorrow I'll have this fellow and his belongings out of the apartment.


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









Tell me, just tell me that you would turn down a chance to have this handsome devil spend a few days with you!

I didn't think so!









After all, he was on Pitter Patter again this week.

Vet Tech Girl is out of town and while her new roommate agreed to watch him, I wanted Duncan to myself for a few days.

And oh, have we had fun!












Even though he knows he's not allowed on the futon, that's exactly where I found him when I got out of the shower yesterday.

And he refused to get off.

But that was the last time he pulled this stunt and he's been a good boy ever since then.







In an effort to keep Duncan off the futon I put a pillow and blanket on the floor and like the good boy he is; he used it.









We made a trip to Petco and got him a Kong and some treats. Unfortunately we didn't get out of there in time to avoid the very large Pit Bull who found Duncan to be very desirable and tried humping him right there in the middle of the store.


Later that afternoon we ran into the same problem at a park that has signs all over the place that state all dogs must be on a leash.

Shortly thereafter a family arrived with two dogs not on leashes and their very large pitty mix also thought Duncan was hot stuff, and mounted him several times. I got tired of shooing this horny bastard off Duncan and ended up having to leave.


This leads me to believe that Duncan has been dabbing my perfume behind his ears before heading out for the day.






I've run this boy's butt off all week long. Even tonight, after having cleaned three huge houses, I took him for a run.

I don't think he's used to so much exercise and tonight he bypassed the blanket and conked out in his crate at around eight PM.











Oops! The flash on my camera awakened Sleeping Beauty!

But don't worry, he fell right back to sleep.



Damn!! I'm gonna have a hell of a hard time giving him back.


6 comments:

Katie Alender said...

What a handsome guy! Isn't it wonderful to be trusted by a dog?

Two Pitties in the City said...

I especially like hearing the Duncan stories. I wonder why he is so desirable to other pooches?

laura said...

Katie, Duncan is just so lovable and he just wants to please everyone!

Schwang, this happens a lot with Duncan. My daughter took him to an off leash park and one dog went to town on him for about 10 minutes. Maybe he's a hermaphrodite?

the booker man said...

hello there!
i'm sorry to be so tardy to reply, but i wanted to thank you for coming by to visit booker's blog. i haven't quite figured out how to get notifications for new comments. at any rate, it's very nice to meet you! :)
duncan is just adorable, and i don't blame you for snagging him for a few days. i'd do the same thing. ;)

the booker man's mama

gwensews said...

Hi! You have an award waiting on my blog. Whether you care to pick it up, or not, is perfectly fine. If you choose to, just right-click on the award photo and save it to your computer. Then, add it to your sidebar, if you care to.

The rules of the award are listed on my post.

Shauna (Fido & Wino) said...

He is gorgeous!