Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ahoy there maties!!!

I arrived in MD at 7:00 this morning and after breakfast and some food shopping we were on our way!
After a day long sail (and some motoring as it was a very calm day!) we arrived and anchored in St Michaels MD. We know what time it is too because every 15 minutes 'Big Ben' chimes the quarter hour. Very pretty to listen to.
I can't tell you how tired I am right now. Why is it that being on the water wears a person out? My back also got sunburned (gee isnt there this stuff called sunscreen?) and I've been trying so hard to avoid the sun these days.
Here's Hans grilling steaks for dinner. That little grill had those steaks done in no time. And also an after dinner view from the cockpit.
And by the way we are so excited because on Tuesday Hans passed his Coast Guard Captain Test (not an easy test either) and he is now Captain Hans!!!
I'm just not sure what that makes me!!

2 comments:

Mary Witzl said...

Ah, this looks great! I'm sure you have had your moments (seasickness and all), but you can't tell me that this isn't a great lifestyle! Wish I were at sea, even heaving away...

laura said...

Luckily the waters were so calm that heaving wasn't an issue, but the heat was! If you can stand being totally sticky with sweat and sun screen then it's fun but I bet there are some that wouldn't think so.