Thursday, June 19, 2008

Next Project

I think I'd like to try BWOF 06-2008-124. I liked this top as soon as I saw it and it looks like something I should be able to do.
I still have some stretchy jersey fabric that I picked up in Paris and I really need to use it up. My issue though, is sewing with jersey. My machine acts as though I've been starving it (I promise I haven't!) and it literally sucks this stretchy fabric down into the feed dogs and then we have a battle on our hands and I don't always win.
Luckily, Karen has tried to come to my rescue and emailed me some hints. It would appear that I'm not the only one who's had this problem.
So! I will use a stretch needle (instead of a ballpoint), a zig zag stitch (not a stretch stitch which I despise anyway!), and place some tissue paper beneath the fabric which I'm hoping my machine doesn't like the taste of!

We'll see how it works.

I also still have an idea floating in my head for a purse that uses the Day Bag pattern but with a whole different look.

And this morning when I stopped at my local gas station for a cup of cappacino/coffee (I mix them together to reduce the calorie count! I also use low fat ice cream in my sundaes and diet soda with my bourbon. Hey, every little bit counts, you know!!! ), the girl who waited on me asked if I sell my purses! She loves them and she's been telling her mother about me! While I was thrilled to death I just don't know if the things I make are really good enough, you know what I mean? It's something to think about and I know you have to be careful about copywrites etc... But right now I enjoy sewing for myself and my family.

No comments: