Thursday, November 5, 2009

Deep fried foods are not a substitute for spinning class...

... no matter how you try to rationalize it!

It's been a week since I took my first spinning class and, like giving birth, the pain has faded into the distance. I was all set to do it again tonight but Hans informed me that we were going to dinner with a some people he does business with.

I'm now home after eating huge deep fried mushrooms, deep fried zucchini, breaded fried onions, tortilla chips with jalapenos drenched in melted cheese, and a lot of beer.

Add to this a huge dose of PMS and I don't even want to know what kind of nightmares I'm going to have tonight.

I joined a gym almost two months ago to try and rid myself of the ten pounds I've put on in the last two years. Five pounds per year to be exact.

It's taken me about seven weeks to lose a grand total of two pounds!!!!

This has been one long haul and while I'd like to blame my almost 50 years for it, I think what I'm putting into my body may have a lot more to do with it!

And I'm not overly thrilled with the purse I'm working on and the fact that I'm supposed to cut 1/4 inch slashes around the entire perimeter of the damned thing has me thinking this might not be a real good idea at this time!


If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times; thank God I'm not a surgeon!

4 comments:

Katie Alender said...

You're just like me--even when I can get my exercising to a good place, I sabotage myself by eating (and eating... and eating...).

I need to start an accountability journal or something.

laura said...

I would rather live with my head in the sand! If I listed my accountabilities I'd have to have a drink (or two or three...). See what I mean?

Angelia said...

I've been trying to lose 10 pounds for 3 months now...I've lost 3.. a pound a month is not working out for me!! and I'm pretty pissed about it! its not what I eat... I never eat fried foods, no dairy products (they make me sick anyways) I don't eat meat (only fish and seafood) fruits and hookah smoke are my deserts... I cut out breads... I have even cut my alcohol back to a mere 3 glasses of wine a week... why am I not thin??!!!!???
Maybe its because I HATE to exercise.. a short walk with the dog... hula hooping to a couple of songs... yoga... not exactly heart pumping stuff!lol!! I just can't make myself REALLY workout...

laura said...

Angelia, I hear you!!! Years ago I had a spell where I couldn't lose weight. I would spend an hour on the stepping machine and the only thing that happened is my legs got bigger! These last 12 years I've managed to maintain my weight with excercise and trying not to cram everything in my mouth! I've just really slipped over the last two years. I continued to exercise to a degree but I really got lax with my diet.