Wednesday, February 27, 2008



I worked on my Nicole Mallalieu Day Bag tonight.

I can't help but wonder if perhaps I go into trances from time to time. Or maybe aliens kidnap me for a bit of fun and then dump me back in my sewing room after erasing our little rendezvous from my memory.

I say this because I can't believe it takes me so long to accomplish things. There must be a chunk of time missing somewhere!
I had already cut the pattern out the other night. Tonight I cut out the fabric, linings, interfacings, and fusible batting (I used batting on the body of the bag for stability).

I managed to fuse the interfacings and batting, stitch the main body of the bag, make the purse straps and contrasting loops that will attach to the straps with D rings, and add a reinforced bottom to the bag.

That's all that got done.

Although, I did have to go out and shovel my driveway, and it was that awful, heavy wet snow that makes me wonder why the hell I continue to live in a snow belt region!

But I look at the meager amount of sewing that was accomplished, and I'm so baffled at how quickly some people churn out dresses, coats, pants, etc... I mean it! This should not take so long (hence the aliens), but it does!

I guess this will just have to be my cross to bear!

And by the way, I'm thrilled to pieces that Blogger has fixed spellcheck.

Did you really think I knew how to spell rendezvous?

2 comments:

Angelia said...

We have snow here this morning.. but not like you have snow I'm sure!!
I think purses take forever! Cause you have SO much 'stuff' to get together for them....Unless its my fav NL or S pattern for purses.. they're super quick.

Anonymous said...

In 130 countries around the world, each piece of Omega was sold by first-class dealers is the young generation's ideal Omega Watches in modern times.as well as pursue the Omega Watches sale . In American, cheap Omega Watches is the most popular and dicount Omega Watches and the best Omega replica Watches. The combination of Omega Watch and the Omega Watch sale make Fake cheap Omega Watch the leader in the watchesindustry. dicount Omega Watch in moden times is very popular and Omega replica Watch must give you a new life!