Thursday, July 16, 2009

What I got in the mail.

Recently, I found myself in need of some sewing supplies.

I like some of my purses to have adjustable straps and I wanted something other than the typical black plastic ones that you find at JoAnn's. I knew Nicole Mallalieu carried some in her store so I got online and started checking.
I also knew that she was going to start carrying ink jet transfer paper for fabric. There are only about a thousand different kinds of this stuff out on the market and I bought some myself but what I don't like about it is that it's so stiff.
Actually, this isn't paper, it's fabric. You print onto it, let it set, and then peel the backing off and it's ready to go.
I know that you can do something similar with freezer paper and muslin BUT I did some investigating (just call me Nancy Drew!) and found that these item's colors didn't hold up well with washing.

So there I am online looking around but I couldn't find the transfer paper. Rather than place two orders I decided I would email them for an answer first.
Now understand that I'm in the U.S. and Nicole is in Australia. I know all about time zones etc... as Hans places a lot of over seas, work related calls from our apartment since he can't do this during regular work hours. I sent my email with my question and figured I would hear from her company within a couple of days.
Imagine how shocked I was when I heard from Nicole herself almost immediately.
It was around midnight her time and she took the time to get back to me.
Talk about customer service!
In my opinion this is above and beyond the call of duty.


I received my adjustable tri-glides and more magnetic snaps as I just ran out. I also got some D-rings, and a fabric marker that will disappear with water OR over time. I like the idea of that.










Here is an applique mat. You put this between your fabric and your iron when using fusible webbing and the fusing gunk won't get all over your iron.
How cool is that!?

I see she's also revamped her Baguette and Day Bag patterns. I have the Day Bag pattern and I've made countless purses from it, and already have plans for more.



Now that we're back from Ireland I'm back to work at my house cleaning job and I've gotta tell you, it's kicking my butt!! I almost had to crawl into the apartment when I got done with my 8 hour shift yesterday and I was in bed by nine which is unheard of for me.
Thank God I'd put ribs in the crock-pot or I'm not sure what we would have had for dinner. I was thrilled that I only had to work about 3 hours today, but I'm back to 8 more hours tomorrow.
The upside of it all is that I sleep like the dead!
And there's nothing wrong with that!!

No comments: