Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A quick update on our Germany/London trip. And my dress

It's been a very busy and hectic week and hasn't been made any easier with the constant fear of whether the volcanic cloud will decide to wreak her power over us.

We were lucky to be able to fly into Heathrow from Hamburg, Germany yesterday as the airports had been shut down the day before! It was a bit unsettling to see a normally busy place so very quiet.

Anyway we are currently in Leeds (Hans has business here) and will leave for London (by train) tomorrow so we can be totally irritating tourists for three days!



Once again I didn't account for the cooler weather that happens over here and I didn't pack enough warm clothes. Saturday's wedding started with a boat ride to the church and I had nothing dressy to put over my 'afternoon' dress. Luckily when we went to pick up Hans' tux we stumbled upon a used clothing store and just as I was ready to give up I found something that would work. Unfortunately it cost 50 euro!! Ouch. I don't even want to see my credit card bill.




It's a shame you can't see the dress (I didn't make it but I did get it on sale and it was a lot cheaper than the 'used' jacket).










My used jacket! Thank God we found it because it really was a chilly and windy day.















The red carpet treatment at the reception that evening.

This is the dress I made.

















Hans in his tux. The store in Hamburg only had one shirt in his size.












5 comments:

Two Pitties in the City said...

The dress looks amazing! And your European adventure stories are as funny as ever...thanks for keeping us updated from abroad.

becki-c said...

You look so glamorous in your new dress and a red carpet! Fabulous! I so envy your fabulous trip.

laura said...

Two Pitties, I always feel like a National Lampoon Vacation person over here!

Becki, It's fabulous if you don't mind being a bloated pig for two weeks!!!

Kathi D said...

Dang it, I have a lot of catching up to do! I was missing you, and found out that bloglines isn't updating your blog for me!

Unknown said...

Now, lv handbag provided the crowning touch to Speedy 30. His casual graffiti sets the fashion in easy replica louis vuitton handbags going with the times. Holy Grail, exquisiteness, and elegance but also upbeat, exaggeration, and individuality, people require more for their bags and Stephen Sprouse just hit their fancy.
lv 11.8 inches in length and 8.3 inches in height, three colors are available- fuchsia, orange and green. This bag features natural cowhide leather, louis vuitton handbags over times into that lovely aged golden color, and is accessorized with the louis vuitton bags shiny golden brass hardware, and the zip top closure with padlock. The spacious interior is dressed in fine textile lining with an interior patch pocket, ideal for your cell phone. The size is really amazing prefect for your daily mission.
No wondering the Graffiti Speedy 30 is louis vuitton adored by so many Hollywood stars, Madonna with Sunset Orange, Heiress with Fuchsia, and Agyness Deyn with Neon Green. It is really hot and vintage.