Thursday, December 20, 2007

More About Me

This blogging thing is already giving me a head-ache. I spent about 2 hours creating a pulitzer prize winning synopsis of my life on the About Me page and Blogger said it was too long! So I edited and deleted, again and again and it was still too long. So here I go once more.

What I've discovered during my blog stalking is that there's a snobby, caste systemish kinda thing going on. Apparently, talking about one's cats is in poor taste amongst some hard-core bloggers "Oh gag, she mentions her cats and actually post pictures of them!" Some bloggers say " I know I promised to never post my opinions or views on this site." And there are those who refuse to mention any family or personal info.

But I love looking at pictures of peoples cats (no matter how inferior they are). I love reading other people's opinions (even if they're wrong). And how can I feel superior in my dysfunctional life if others don't write about theirs?

So, yes I have cats. Two of them, and plenty of pictures. I have three children, (even more pictures) and the youngest just started college. I've been divorced for over 10 years (Oh why wasn't blogging 'in' back then? But maybe that's a good thing).

And (please don't gag) I'm dating (it's really a hell of a lot more than that, but there is no modern day word to describe two people, who are not married, but are a couple, and crazy about each other) a wonderful, fun, intelligent man. We've been together for over 3 years and have exciting things brewing in our future, but I won't go into it at this time.

Ok, I know. 'Wonderful Man' is a mythical creature. There have been fewer sightings of 'Wonderful Man' than there have been of albino yettis and the Loch Ness monster combined. But there was one out there and I found him and he's mine so hands off!

I'll let you ladies in on a little secret. Forget the common red-necked American male. This man is European and apparently they're doing something right over there! And don't be quick to write me off as a sappy idiot. I don't think there could be a more jaded or hard hearted woman when it comes to men than me. I was married for 17 years when the warranty on my marriage apparently ran out. It was not fun. It involved 3 kids. It was both embarrasing and heart breaking.
BUT. If going through that hell got me to where I am today then it was worth it. Sometimes I fear I'll wake up and find that the last few years were just a dream. I sure hope not.
I haven't even scratched the surface yet. (Oh my, aren't you on pins and needles) and as soon as I figure out how to post pictures? Look out.
Because did I mention that I have cats?

2 comments:

Katie Alender said...

You can post cat pictures, but it has to be something artistic like the cat's blurred left foot as she runs away. Then you put that picture all by itself in its very own post (no captions!) and title it something like, "Elusiveness."

laura said...

My one cat's ego is big enough as it is. I don't dare let her think she's too cute. She already runs the show here.