Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year Yinz Guys

Last night we went out with some friends for New Year's Eve to a local restaurant bar. In the past, when my kids were little, I always stayed home and we would play games and watch the Nick at Night countdown of favorite old shows. For me that was a lot of fun, but now that they are grown I like going out again. Here we are at the start of the evening. I only have this picture because I made Hans take my camera back out to the car. I didn't want to try to keep track of it all night.



















But get this, this is too funny. There was a young couple there who came running up to Hans and me, and they were so excited. Puffing on his cigarette, the man said to me, "My wife just has to meet you! We can't believe yinz guys are here!" And the wife, puffing on her cigarette, gushed, "Oh my God, we saw yinz guys out last summer and you have so much energy and you are the best dancer!"
Now I love to dance, but I've got to tell you I just throw myself around is all and I told her as much. "Oh no! We saw you out last summer and you had on this really cute white dress and we couldn't believe what a great dancer you are!" And then they both had to shake my hand. I was so embarrassed. I felt like a cross between Angelina Jolie and Phyllis Diller.
But what really made my night was that they were talking about this dress.

AND I MADE IT!!



















McCalls 5094


Last night when we went out there was no snow.

None.

This is what I just came in from about 5 minutes ago.






















Easily a foot (if not more) of snow. It would have taken me at least an hour to shovel but a new neighbor from across the street came over on his 4 wheeler with a plow attached and made a few sweeps over my drive. Isn't that nice? I don't even know their names.















And this is what greeted us this morning.

She does not have my sympathy.

And what the hell happened to my chair.





HAPPY NEW YEAR YINZ GUYS

No comments: