Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's always something!!

I was not on the schedule at the inn this past weekend which was a first!! So I went to the Big City instead and even though I could have used the tip money it turned out to be a good thing.

I guess.

Because Vet Tech Girl's car broke down. And since she lives right below Hans, guess who got the phone call?

Mom.

She was all ready for me with jumper cables in hand and I asked her to try to start her car so that I could hear for myself what was going on.

Alvin and the Chipmunks playing a set of drums under the hood is what I heard.

"That's not your battery" I said.

I will skip the hysterics, and the accusations of my being 'mean'.

Long story short; I left my car in the Big City with Vet Tech Girl and brought Hans' car home with me.

The fact that Vet Tech Girl was supposed to leave in a few days, via her car, to go see her boyfriend, whom she hasn't seen since December, added to the drama.

So a flight was booked (for a lot less than the gas for the car would have cost) on guess who's credit card and the car was towed.

In the meantime, my house is beyond filthy, the dishwasher is full of clean dishes, and the washer and dryer (yes the dryer is finally fixed) are both full of clothes.
I did manage to mow my lawn tonight, went for a 4 mile run, started in on a Beach Bag, and am at this very moment giving myself a hair treatment (check the time!).

It's killing me that I haven't been able to sew!

This weekend we're going to take advantage of a 3 day weekend and go down to the boat. I really wanted to take a new Beach Bag with me but that won't be happening. But that's okay, if that's as bad as it gets, then I'm pretty lucky!

Oh, by the way, I called Vet Tech Girl and the problem with her car?



She needed a new battery!



Ooops.

No comments: