Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Here is Hans playing the piano (and enjoying football on the TV) at an 'after' Christmas party this past Sunday. A former co-worker decided to throw an impromptu get together and we had a wonderful time.
There were people there that I hadn't seen in years; some were retirees and some were laid off employees such as myself (9 years ago, Wow!).
First of all, I'll tell you this: No children + no pets = a spotless home, something I myself have never experienced.
Have you ever been in someone's home and afterwards really dread going back to yours? What an incredible place they have. And what wonderful hosts!
I told the hostess that it really wasn't necessary to throw Hans and I an engagement party but that we appreciated it just the same, and by the way we will consider her next party to be our reception!
You can't beat it!
And I'll be more than glad to bring along the entertainment.
As long as Hans is willing!

3 comments:

Mary Witzl said...

Jeez, who says men can't multi-task? Though having said that, my husband could not do this: when he plays his guitar, he needs total concentration. So good for Hans!

Do you have to have no pets and no kids to achieve a spotless house? Then I am doomed!

Angelia said...

Now what makes me feel bad is the halloween party we went to, they have 5 dogs and 4 cats... and their house was still cleaner than ours!

laura said...

I have a feeling that even with no kids and no pets my house would still be 'lived in'. And I'm not kidding when I say that armed with a Q-Tip and digging into the furthest corner of their basement you still wouldn't be able to find a speck of dust. When we left to go home Hans said, "I bet their house always looks like that." It does.