Wednesday, March 10, 2010

More Down and Dirty Cleaning and a Cover Dog



It's always a thrill to see my granddog on Pitter Patter! Here he is at about 8 weeks of age, and this picture appeared on their site yesterday.

Well, today I headed back to Vet Tech Girl's apartment for some additional cleaning. Vet Tech Girl has a new roommate and I thought it only fair that the place should be, well, less noxious is the only term I can think of right now.

I could go on and on about scrubbing baseboards and walls, vacuuming and mopping floors... screaming when I thought I sucked a mouse into my sweeper (cat toy), but I won't.


I will, however, tell you what happened when Duncan met Molly, Roommate's adorable cocker spaniel.

Oh yes people!!! Another dog is getting tossed into the tiny apartment mix.

But at least it's a mix that's minus a rabbit!! Hallelujah!!!! Rabbit went to live with some other rabbits yesterday and I'm sure it will be very happy now that it doesn't have a pit bull as a playmate anymore.

I was busy cleaning when Roommate introduced me to Molly, and oh my what a pretty little blond girl she is. Then Vet Tech Girl came out of her bedroom where she was just waking up after having worked the overnight shift at the clinic and Duncan was hot on her heels. Duncan had yet to meet Molly and he never missed a beat and went straight for her.


There was a lot of hysterical barking, growling, snapping, biting, and chasing.

I kept screaming, "Oh My God! Oh My God!"

Vet Tech Girl kept screaming, "Shut up Mom! Shut up!"

But cocker spaniel Molly, ran pit bull Duncan's butt all over that apartment. With tail tucked firmly between his legs Duncan tried to escape, but couldn't.

Vet Tech Girl took over and made Duncan (held him down is more like it) sit still so Molly could approach on her own volition. It took awhile and even though I think Molly's face is going to freeze into a permanent snarl I believe they may become friends. At one point they both entered the kitchen at the same time, and exited, without a skirmish.

But Duncan kept entering Molly's space and taking her favorite toy, which caused Molly to tear after him, which only made him run with glee, because OMG he has a new friend!!!

And that's what Duncan is all about; making new friends.

And who wouldn't want to be friends with a handsome devil such as him?


I mean really!

3 comments:

Two Pitties in the City said...

I like the baby photo. Oh the memories of dog introductions...and we didn't even have rabbits in the mix.

Katie Alender said...

Laura, you are a born storyteller! Please go on. I could just read your blog entries all day.

And I'm trying very hard to procrastinate, so go on, go on, keep writing and distracting me.

More granddog pictures, too!

laura said...

Schwang, isn't it hysterical (and slightly scary) to observe the first meeeting between a couple of dogs? Just a bit ago I heard a scuffle from downstairs and I think Duncan is in his glory.

Katie, you're way too nice because I know I just blather on and on and on... Now that the weather is better I hope to get more pictures of Duncan and also some pictures of the new kid on the block. I think Winston would be smitten!